Setting up your CMMS software, user training and daily maintenance data are a good start, but you also need to know how to analyze your data. Unfortunately, classic maintenance software usually do not allow your to benefit from the best of your maintenance data, and computer skills are often necessary to write SQL queries, to cross bases with complicated reporting tools, or to extract incorrect reports. The same situation goes for Excel files in every company using macros which will enable them to obtain monthly maintenance KPIs or the industrial group’s capital expenditure.
We believe that each maintenance manager’s main issue is whether to maintain my piece of equipment or invest in a new machine? To do so, the maintenance manager need a certain number of information coming from several systems, such as interventions times of his internal team from the Mobility Work CMMS, spare parts consumption from Mobility Work or your ERP, and external service providers’ orders which can also be found in Mobility Work or your ERP. That is how we decided to develop a BI tool allowing any maintenance manager to easily analyze his maintenance data and to make the right decision.
The analytics tool offers several standard dashboards, provided with Mobility Work licences with no extra cost, which can be set up in order to get closer to your plant’s or industrial group’s KPIs. The analytics tool provides several dashboards:
Time management for maintenance technicians
Intervention and maintenance operations time analysis is a good way to start following your CMMS use evolution. Two to three weeks will enable you to understand the benefits of the analytics feature from the Mobility Work app. Choose a period of time among between 3 options: quick (30 last days, last week, yesterday, etc.), relative (from a certain date to today) and absolute (from one date to another), and see:
- the number of tasks;
- number of maintenance activities;
- total hours of intervention;
- top 50 cost centers compared to intervention time;
- top 100 technicians compared to intervention time;
- top 100 equipment compared to intervention time;
- top 100 subsystems compared to intervention time;
- the evolution of the intervention compared to a specific period of time;
- Most used keywords in the task’s description;
- Most used keywords in the activity’s description;
- Most used tags compared to the intervention time (for example: preventive, mechanical, corrective, etc.);
- Top 5 interventions compared to the top 20 equipment;
- filter your data making a research using keywords on specific data (piece of equipment, task, activity, technician, tag, cost center).
Each graph is dynamic and your can decide to filter data at any time by clicking on the graph with the desired information. Keyword analysis will enable you in a few seconds to determine recurring problems on your equipment without applying the Pareto principle to your maintenance interventions. This will also allow you to know the time spent on a subsystem, even if it has not been created in your piece of equipment’s nomenclature. You can also determine the time spent on your engines if the word “engine” appears in the maintenance intervention’s or the activity’s description, even if they have not been created as equipment.
Spare part management
Spare parts consumption can be monitored in Mobility Work’s CMMS or from your ERP. In any case, you can cross data in order to obtain a more accurate analysis and allow you to improve your spare parts budget. Choose a period of time among between 3 options: quick (30 last days, last week, yesterday, etc.), relative (from a certain date to today) and absolute (from one date to another), and see:
- the number of used spare parts;
- Total cost of used spare parts;
- Total cost of used spare parts per month;
- Total cost of used spare parts per piece of equipment;
- Total cost of used spare parts per subsystem;
- Total cost of used spare parts per tag (electrical, preventive, mechanical, etc.);
- Total cost of used spare parts per cost center;
- the most used spare parts compared to the cumulative cost;
- the most used spare parts compared to the consumption frequency;
To remove a spare part from your ERP, you can pair information from your ERP to other information from your Mobility Work CMMS, and customize your spare parts dashboard with the fields you determined in your ERP.
Order management can be carried out using Mobility Work CMMS, or from your ERP. In any case, like for spare parts, we can cross data to provide the best data analysis and allow you to improve your spare part budget management. Choose a period of time among between 3 options: quick (30 last days, last week, yesterday, etc.), relative (from a certain date to today) and absolute (from one date to another), and see:
- the number of used parts;
- number of orders;
- total order costs;
- order costs per month;
- task situation (ongoing and finished) implying orders;
- situation of order receipt;
- total costs of orders per cost center;
- total cost of orders per month;
- total cost of orders per seller group;
- total cost of orders per per piece of equipment;
- total cost of orders per subsystem;
- total cost of orders per immobilisation;
- total cost of orders per tag (preventive, electrical, mechanical, curative, etc.);
- total cost of orders per supplier;
- total cost of orders per reception status.
If you order pieces from your ERP, you can pair your ERP’s information to your CMMS Mobility Work’s information, and customize your order dashboard with fields you determined in your ERP.
Maintain or invest?
Mobility Work provides you with another dashboard in order to make the best decision and to answer this problem, which gathers information such as workforce, spare parts and orders expenses in order to determine the total intervention cost on your piece of equipment. Access cost evolutions per month, and follow cost forecasts.
Maintenance plans analysis
Creating 1000 maintenance plans is the first step, but analyzing them is particularly complicated in classic CMMS software. That is the reason why we created a dashboard in the Mobility Work maintenance mobile app so that you can access scheduled maintenance plans information. You will find:
- the number of maintenance plans;
- number of finished interventions per maintenance plan;
- delays per maintenance plan;
- number of finished interventions per equipment.
You can filter data at any time; for example, you can determine any delayed maintenance plans tagged with the keywords “engine” or “preventive”, or edit the equipment list which are more than 6 days late.
Connect other systems or sensors
Mobility Work’s APIs allow you to send and gather data from several systems or sensors, and to cross data in the analytics tool. For instance:
- cross production data;
- connect your MES and Mobility Work to work out TBF, MTBF and MTTR automatically;
- connect values measured with a sensor with Mobility Work to see some data correlation.