Excel CMMS: Free import of your data
Why change your excel CMMS? Purchasing a maintenance management software is often a difficult process as, in most instances, the software will not be pre-configured and the buyer will not have seen it in action in his/her own environment. Following this type of purchase, two problems may arise:
- It might take three months or more for the teams to configure the software, resulting in demotivation and leading future users to see the project as an all too complex solution.
- Once the software is configured, the maintenance managers and engineers may find that the features of the asset management software they have just purchased do not meet their actual needs.
Maintenance application publishers will often charge purchasers a fee for migrating their data and integrating it into the maintenance management software.
Here at Mobility Work, our philosophy is quite different: as a new user, you can send us your data (lists of equipment and spare parts, maintenance history information, maintenance schedules, etc.) in Excel format, which we will then import into the application within seven days, free of charge, before your trial period begins. This will allow you to get the best out of your Mobility Work CMMS during your 15-day free trial, as you will be working with your own integrated data. Your configured maintenance management software will then be ready for use as soon as your trial period ends.
To enable us to import your equipment data, you will need to send us the following information in Excel format (Download the import sheet):
- The name of the equipment
- A description of the equipment, covering all relevant details
- The cost centre, representing a financial or geographical breakdown of your equipment
- Details of the connections with other equipment, in the case of a sub-assembly or a component
- The tags or keywords associated with the equipment (important for the analytics module)
- The names of the images associated with your equipment (images in .zip format)
To find out more about creating equipment in your asset management software, you can also watch this tutorial, which explains the best ways to complete the equipment forms.
To enable us to import your maintenance history, you will need to send us the following information in Excel format (Excel CMMS):
- The name of the equipment
- The date of the maintenance work
- The name(s) of the engineer(s)
- A description of the maintenance work
- The time spent on the work
- The associated tags (preventive, electrical, mechanical, etc.)
To enable us to import your spare parts data, you will need to send us the following information in Excel format (Excel CMMS):
- The name of the spare or replacement part
- A description of the spare part, covering all relevant details of the equipment
- The cost centre for the spare part, representing a financial or geographical breakdown of your equipment
- Details of the connection(s) between the spare part and any other item of equipment
- The tags or keywords associated with the spare part (important for the analytics module)
- The names of any images associated with the spare part (images in .zip format)
- The minimum stock level
- The maximum stock level
- The current stock level
- The location of the spare part in your warehouse
To find out more about creating spare parts in your asset management software, you can also watch this tutorial, which explains the best ways to complete the equipment forms.
To enable us to import your maintenance schedule data, you will need to send us all relevant information in Excel format. We will then contact you to discuss the options for integrating this into Mobility Work. If you wish, you can also send us a list of tags and a list of users to import into your system.
If you would like to run a test with Mobility Work, we can import your data into a test base. We can also integrate a set of tasks into the system at any time, free of charge. These might include any regulatory maintenance operations stipulated in your company's regulatory reports. In fact, whenever you wish to add any new data to your maintenance management software, all you need to do is contact us.